Was your trash out by 6:00am on your trash pick-up day? Check out the schedule HERE.
Is there a holiday this week that could change the date of your normally scheduled pickup? A holiday would cause trash pickup to be pushed back a day and for recycle pickup to be skipped for that week.
Garbage service observes these holidays:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Are you following all of the garbage regulations?
- Garbage shall be in plastic garbage bags, tied, and placed in a garbage can with a tight-fitting lid.
- Garbage and recycles shall be at the alley/street curb by 6:00 A.M. (may be set out the night before).
- Garbage cans and recycle totes shall be removed from the public right-of-way (alley or street curb) within 24 hours after collection.
- Garbage cans shall not be over 96-gallon capacity and contents shall not exceed 75 lbs.
- Open-end barrels of any size are not approved and will not be picked up.
- Do not set out any liquid waste. All paint cans must be totally dry.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP: LOOSE TRASH, APPLIANCES, FURNITURE, MATTRESSES, ELECTRONICS, CARPET, CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS, TIRES, CAR PARTS, HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, ETC.
IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO PICK-UP DATES/TIMES AND GARBAGE REGULATIONS, AND IT IS NOT AN OBSERVED HOLIDAY, PLEASE CONTACT THE GARBAGE LINE AT (618) 259-8101.
Mistakes can happen and we will try to correct our error!