The Director and Inspector are out of the office working in the field throughout the day and the schedule changes daily. If you need to meet them in person at the office please call and schedule an appointment time.
Construction, electrical and occupancy inspections must be scheduled in advance. The schedule does change and books up quickly. Please make sure to confirm the inspector will be available before starting your project and schedule your inspections several days in advance.
To access Building & Zoning forms, please click here.
Activities of the Building and Zoning Department
- Occupancy Inspections
- To provide assistance to developers, contractors, and property owners on zoning and building requirements and methods
- To review plans for construction and renovation work and issue required permits
- To ensure that construction and remodeling of facilities are in compliance with various ICC, State, and local codes and ordinances which include inspection of all building construction
- Upgrade or eliminate substandard structures and preserve existing structures from deterioration through enforcement of the Village’s zoning, building, and property maintenance codes
- Assign address numbers for new construction
- Issue notices of abatement and sends citations to court for the following
- Weeds, junk, trash, interior, and exterior property maintenance violations, etc.
- Make court appearances
- International Building Code – 2015
- International Residential Code – 2015
- International Fire Code – 2015
- National Electrical Code – 2014
- International Mechanical Code – 2015
- International Fuel Gas Code – 2015
- International Property Maintenance Code – 2015
- International Energy Conservation Code – 2018
- Illinois State Plumbing Code Current and all subsequent editions
- International Swimming and SPA Code – 2015