New Posted Employment Opportunity (8/2/2022):
Lateral Entry Police Officer
The East Alton Police Department is hiring for the position of a lateral entry police officer.
– To qualify for the lateral hiring process, you must be currently employed as a police officer in good standing, with at least two years of experience.
– Applicants must be at least 21 years old and under 45 years old at the time of application.
– Applicants must show evidence that they are a US Citizen.
– Every applicant must be of good moral character, of temperate habits, of sound health, and must be physically able to perform the essential job functions of the position.
– For a full list of requirements, please click HERE.
Applications may be picked up at the East Alton Municipal Building at the Village Clerk’s office. (119 W Main, East Alton, IL 62024)
Completed applications should be returned no later than 5:00pm on Friday, September 2, 2022 to:
Village of East Alton
Attn: Coleen Schaller
119 Main St
East Alton, IL 62024
– 12 hr work schedule
– 12 paid holidays
– Vacation based off years of service (up to 8 yrs.)
– 100% paid health insurance premiums
– $67,704 base pay
– Longevity based off yrs. of service (up to 8 yrs.)
– 20 mile residency
– Take home squad cars (must live in corporate limits)
– Comp. time available
For the full benefit package, please click HERE.